Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Discovering the Depths of God's Love

Before I fully gave my life to Jesus, I found myself in the darkest part of my life. I had made so many mistakes, and turned away from God in so many ways; I didn't think there was anyway God could forgive me after what I'd done. However, I wanted desparately to start my life over; but I wasn't sure if God would take me back. I began seeking God, and reaching out for help from wonderful people God was using to remind me of His love. I began discussing my life in Christ with a man on a Christian social network. Eventually, we became really great friends; and God used him to encourage me to go back to church, seek God, and find out how much He loves me. I began going to a small church in the middle of no where called Lake Chapel, where I met people that loved me, even though they had never met me! I continued to go there for several weeks, then the pastor's son preached a message on forgiveness. He said, "Sometimes the hardest person to forgive is yourself..." then he continued to tell of the depths of God's love, and how it never changes, even when we change. After the message, there was an alter call, and I went and fell at the alter and cried to God. I prayed, "I feel like can't forgive myself for what I've done. Please God, just show me that you still love me. If you can fogive me, I'll forgive myself." All of a sudden, warmth and light enveloped me, and I felt love like I've never felt before. This was the most real moment I've ever experienced: I felt someone stroking my hair; like a father does to comfort his daughter. I looked up and saw this face, that looked so overwhelmed by compassion and grace. Then I heard a thundering, yet gentle voice say, "I love you." That's all it took. God loves me so much that He would come and tell me! He loves you just
as much :) There's nothing you can do, or will ever do that will stop His love for you; so don't hold on to regrets and mistakes. God has already let go of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment